Who is Kabelo Digital Marketer?
Before we speak about myself, I think we should start with what Kabelo The Digital Marketer do.
What is a digital marketing and what does a digital marketer do?
get to the who part, I think it’s best we start with what I do and I like to do in my spare time.
What do I do and what is digital marketing?
The first thing I’ll say is digital marketing is not solely social media marketing and content marketing, many influencers claim to be digital marketers but posting promotions online and having captions is not marketing.
Digital marketing is the management and execution of marketing using electronic media like the internet, email, smart tvs and other wireless media in conjunction with digital data about customer’s characteristics and behaviour.
Content writing is also a very big part of marketing, you’ll have to read a lot and learn how to write skillfully.
So in short, I work for a digital marketing agency, in Pretoria.
What are digital marketers’ job duties?
Currently, we are working with small businesses in Pretoria but not limited to Pretoria. We deal mostly with medical centres, we help them with their online appearance on Google + Maps and other online platforms like online directories, websites, and social media.
What are my digital marketing job duties?
- Listing small businesses on Google business + Maps- in order to be seen and be found on Google + Maps, you need to have an online presence. I put small businesses online and enable them to connect with potential clients on Google and other search engines.
- Keyword research- this is where it gets a little complicated. Google search uses Google bots that crawl the internet when a search query is made and what it picks up is “keywords” which is related to the searcher’s intent and query. So before writing anything it means you need to understand who your customers are and what are they looking for. This takes time and you need certain tools like Google ads keyword planner, SEMRush, Ubersuggest, and more.
- SEO- to improve your online ranking in Google and other search engines are highly dependent on how you structure your business/personal information and that needs skill. So you really need to be able to understand your consumer. SEO means Search Engine Optimization and in its simplicity, it means the practice of increasing your online ranking and having quality leads to drive to your website.
- Writing articles for medical centres- before we list medical centres, we have to sit down with the Dr’s and get information about their practice, who they are, where they acquired their qualifications, what they do, who they work with, etc. I then take that information and implement keyword research and SEO.
- Digital flyer design- whether you’re a small business or a large one, you need to get noticed and stand out from the crowd. To get your message across sometimes means being creative with texts, design, and videos.
- Google ads- this is an online advertising platform designed by Google that allows people and businesses to market their products and services on Google search, emails. Google Maps and Youtube.
To market your business or services online, it is highly advisable to find a digital agency in Pretoria, because I live here 🙂
What digital marketing course did I take?
I studied with Google in 2015 and acquired a professional digital marketing certificate which makes me a Google certified digital marketer. Today you can find digital marketing courses at most online institutions and I think UCT also has the course
Now that we know what Kabelo does, we can get to…
Who is Kabelo?
I am a Pretoria gentleman with a dash of British tendencies as I lived there for over a decade. Oh, I love tech and I’m currently obsessed with cryptocurrency. I do my best to learn and invest in it because I think it is the future.
Fun wise, I just love being outside hiking, visiting galleries, museums and not forgetting drinking craft beer and trying out more beers.
That’s me in a nutshell 🙂